Monday, July 21, 2008

An energizing experience



View my page on BLC Conference



I just returned from an incredibly enriching experience at the Building Learning Communities 2008 meeting out in Newton, Massachusetts. This was a 5 day ( if you include 2 days of pre-sessions that are avaiable) conference with a focus on networking, meeting teachers from around the world, and talking about our passion, teaching. The general idea that most people seemed to be signed on to is that we need to change the world of education so that it matches the world our students live in now. What is really mind-boggling is whether we are preparing them for the world they will live in and what will THAT look like?
Now that I am back home in my routine, I hope to use this blog to help review my notes and digest and share some of the many things that really got me thinking.
I think I have references this idea before that has been presented by Alan November ( and I am sure others too, but he is my favorite:) As teachers with technology our challenge is not to automate things that we already do by using computers, but to infomate and use technology as the tool it was created to be that can open brand new worlds and possibilities to both our students and ourselves.

No comments: