Thursday, July 3, 2008

If at first you don't succed...


View my page on NECC 2008




That's right...2 1/2 months later I am writing another entry. My summer project will be to blog at least once a week, even though it is only really for myself. I have just returned from the NECC in San Antonio, Texas. My goodness! Too much information to be honest and far too many choices. I have yet to really sit down and reflect on it all. I have a tech meeting on July 9 that I hope I will be able to share my info with,especially regarding things to have in place or start to promote at the beginning of the school year.

Initial thoughts...


  • slates versus smartboards

  • interactive, interactive,interactive

  • let people know what is available to them

  • professional development is not just key, it is crucial

  • we are far from our true potential, if we were students, I would not even agree that we are putting out average effort.

  • hands on is the best way to go

  • teachers are the worst students...they talk, check e-mail during presentations and text message ...activities I am guessing would not be appreciated in their own classrooms.

  • if our students spend 6.5 hours a day on electronic devises from cell phone to Ipods to gaming to social networking to televisions to computers, are we really attempting to reach the in the best way?

Lots of food for thought.


No comments: